Cheap Shared Hosting

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Helpful Perl -> PHP cheat sheet

Found this helpful cheat sheet and thought it might help someone else out there. I'm in the middle of converting the first of what will be several perl-driven websites to PHP so they can be moved to a new server. This is not because of any problem with Perl (which I still prefer) but because at their new home the policy is only PHP-driven websites, for ease of maintenance, which I think is reasonable.

But the conversion is kind of a hassle - I've been doing Perl for so long that I can pretty much sit down and write it without needing much reference - not so for PHP. And worse, the two are so similar that I keep thinking something will work in PHP only to run into weird (to me) syntax issues.

So it goes. At least I'm paid hourly.

No comments: